Revit 2019 Free Basic Tutorial 2020
"The Rockstar Hour"
A reoccurring Session in which Tips and Tricks for Revit are shown using real world examples.
This is a Lecture Only Class!
Is this You?
Sitting there listening to someone demo software without mistakes. A skillful demo-er, they skim over software, showing the easy tools, deflect the difficult questions. Of course it’s good information but you’re still waiting to get to the meaty, difficult concepts and questions.
If so, I‘m not saying you won‘t see easy tools, and some subjects skimmed over during these Sessions, sometimes you will. The Rockstar Hour is not that type of Demo, it‘s a shared learning experience. Often when explaining a difficult topic / tool the instructor takes the time to struggle with the software, just like you. You‘ll think, you‘ll laugh, you may even learn something. If nothing else, at least Revit‘s on your screen, who‘s to say it‘s not you working?
Purpose / Promise
This is an hour long training session that meets weekly. Topics relate to AutoDesk ® Revit ® Product Solution. Each session is accompanied by Briefing Notes, a one page pdf. the subject matter of the webinar will always relate to Revit, however, the specifics of the webinar vary. There are always Tips & Tricks that directly relate to using Revit in your companies Design Process.
We are in the process of rebuilding the entire website. New versions of all class will be provided in 2021.
Pointing out another concern you may have-yes, the current content is recorded in an older release.
Just so you understand, the concepts provided in the Manager Class will apply to whatever Revit version you use. You will have your fill of information regardless of the Revit version used for the recordings.
- Design Development Construction Documentation - Planset Process in Revit - DD to CD 2020
- Free Revit Training: Course Content
Design Development and Construction Documentation in Revit. 2020
How to convert a DD model to CD in Revit.
This is the set of steps without any specific instruction on what tools to use. This assumes that you understand Revit and only need to read the concepts involved
Steps to convert the Model using the Revit Phase Tools
- Take the entire model as is and move it to the Existing Phase in Revit.
- In a way we are assuming “Existing” refers to the DD model as it has been created.
- Use views set to New Construction with an appropriate Phase Filter to Generate a cleaner Model for the start of CD.
- Use the Phase Demolished to Keep or remove and rebuild.
- Decide what is good to keep and rebuild what is necessary one Category at a time.
As a tip when using Phases in Revit for (TI) Tenant Improvement Projects
- Pull All Levels, Grids, and other Major, none building specific, content to the new phase.
- As you go, things you want to keep are merely moved from Existing to New Construction and nothing else needs to be done for these parts of the model
- Start with Exterior and Core Walls.
- Iso in a view and see if they need to be fixed or rebuilt.
- Good walls only need to have their Phase set to New Construction
- Then Floors, then Interior Walls, then Roof